Admission is taken on a first-come first-served basis. Eligible applicants may collect the prescribed forms for admission from the College Office and are required to submit the filled-in Application forms along with attested copies of documents as per the time-schedule displayed on the College Notice Board soon after the declaration of MBOSE / NEHU results.
Selected Candidate will have to collect the bill book and deposit the required fees for Admission etc,. to the Meghalaya Rural Bank, Mawkyrwat Branch, South West Khasi Hills as per the time schedule notified in the College notice board.
COURSES AND COMBINATION OF SUBJECTS
THREE YEAR DEGREE COURSES OF STUDY
The College admits students to the following courses of North-Eastern Hill University:
B.A (Pass) : Both Day & Evening Section
Compulsory Subjects: English, MIL. Khasi / Alternative English and Environmental Studies.
Elective Subjects: Any three out of Political Science, Economics, History, Philosophy Education, Elective English and Elective Khasi.
B.A (Hons) : Day Section Only
Honours Course offered only in English, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Education and Khasi. Except English (Honours) candidates, all other Honours, students shall offer two Elective Subjects, two papers of Compulsory English, one paper of MIL Khasi/Alternative English and Man & Environment in addition to the Honours Subject.
Those who opt for English Honours, shall take three Elective Subjects and Environmental Studies in addition to the main subject of honours. They will not offer general English and MIL.Khasi/Alternative English.
ADMISSION RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
- B.A. Pass Course: Students would have passed H.S.S.L.C or its Equivalent.
- B.A. Honours:
- A student shall have passed Class XII or equivalent examinations with a minimum of 45% marks in the concerned elective subject relevant to the Honours subject. Further, a student shall also be required to have secured a minimum marks in aggregate.
- Applicants to B.A Course are generally required to have passed in the same stream of studies at the 10-2 level. However H.S.S.L.C (Science) or equivalent Examination passed candidates may apply B.A.
- A students who have passed Class XII or equivalent examinations in Science/Commerce shall also be eligible for admission to Honours provided he/she has secured a minimum of 50% mark in aggregate.
- A students shall be eligible for Honours in English with 45% marks in Elective English at Class XII or equivalent examinations and shall also be required to have 45% marks in aggregate. A candidate, who has not taken Elective English at the “Plus Two” shall also be eligible for Honours in English provided he/she has secured 50% marks in aggregate.
- A Students shall eligible to take Honours in Economics only if he secure 50% in concern subject.
CONDUCT OF STUDENTS
- All students must be well behaved at all times. They should be polite, obedient and respectful to teachers and others.
- Every student must attend classes regularly. If any student’s attendance is less than 75% of the total lectures then he/she will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- All students must dress decently and modestly. They must see that the classrooms and the College campus is clean. They must not throw any rubbish or do anything to destroy or deface the building or the compound.
- No student should be found smoking within the College compound.
- Students must not adopt any unfair means especially during Examinations. Anyone found doing so shall be expelled. Such students will not be re-admitted the following year.
- All students are entitled to a maximum of four books from the library. It can be retained for a maximum period of fourteen days. Before Promotion/ Board/ NEHU Examinations, all books must be returned without damage. In the event of loss or damage, it must be replaced by the concerned students.
- It is compulsory for all students to partake in every co-curricular activities conducted by the College.
- Students must see the notice board every day. Ignorance of any notification displayed on the notice board will not be accepted as an excuse.
- Using Mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside the campus.
- No society/association can be formed by students in the college without the permission of the Principal nor shall any person be invited to address a meeting in the college without prior permission of the Principal.
- Students must read the notice board every day. Ignorance of any notification will not be accepted as an excuse for not performing a required activity.
- Attendance in all college test/examination is compulsory.